To the watchful and the wise, greetings and covenant blessings. This morning I awoke at 5:30 am to an unsettling dream. Most news reports are saying the nuclear deal with Iran will be sealed by today, and I strongly believe this warning dream is a direct response from the Lord.
While praying over the dream, I felt the Spirit of God directing me to convey this warning immediately. And as a spiritual Paul Revere, I’m doing my best to follow through. You will see, though, that my own midnight ride was hindered. Please pray for us, that the Lord will establish us and empower us to successfully retain the full capacities to continue strong through coming challenges.
Final thought. We as a culture are being programmed to disbelieve there are consequences to our actions, especially in context with God’s heart and word. Perhaps the greatest challenge is actually believing what our own eyes are seeing.
Dream—Overflowing Waters at Midnight
In the dream this morning, I saw Washington DC from a different vantage point. Our Nation’s Capitol was behind a gigantic cliff next to the ocean. The cliff was on the highest hill, and acted as an impenetrable barrier against the ocean’s highest waves. Most of the city was built either on the hill towards the cliff, or below the hill in a valley.
It was midnight—allegorically, when Paul Revere began his midnight ride. I had just left a group of young prayer warriors who had gathered in the city for their annual ministry time. Friends from across the nation had just come in. They had just met and started going over procedures etc in preparation for their coming ministry work.
I loved the ocean from the cliff, and decided to drive up the hill and take in the view of the waves crashing far below. So inspiring and soothing—except this time.
For context, the vantage was like viewing the ocean from the Grand Canyon. Usually the ocean waves were at base of the cliff, hundreds of feet below. But this time the ocean was actually close to cresting over the cliff—like a tsunami!
I immediately drove back to the crowded homes of the young prayer warriors I had visited. I felt I had to visit them personally for them to actually believe the warning and respond. Shouted to them FLOOD! Water cresting over the hill—a disaster even never seen before!
One of the most competent leaders of the team was a young woman, and I knew if I could reach her she would implement the proper safety procedures for the entire community. Scared I was not going to be received because it was after midnight, and the girls section was supposed to be closed. But leadership meetings were still going on in what looked to be common areas of dorms. I was able to warn the entire leadership team.
After leaving the group, I searched for my vehicle to get out of town before the flood hit. But in the dream I could not find my car! Ran around the entire section of the city, clicking my remote, even hitting the alarm button. But to no avail.
As I glanced towards the hill, a little water began to flow over the bank. There was no traffic in the city, as everybody was asleep! No one was trying to escape, because nobody was even aware.
Then I looked again and saw flood waters rushing down from the hill towards the street I was on. I saw an open garage with a thick brick wall, and stepped inside hoping to lessen the impact of the coming torrent.
Many of you are gifted in dream interpretation, and by the Spirit can add to the understanding I have already received. But here briefly are a few points highlighted to me.
- We are approaching a midnight hour. Many Paul Reveres are being summoned to see, perceive and ride.
- The waters are rising—seemingly in context with our decisions that have defied boundaries meant for our own safety. Even to the extent our highest and strongest barriers, our walls of defense, are not enough to keep us from danger.
- Washington DC is asleep. Secure and seemingly unaware of potential calamity that could arise—overflow its boundaries—as a consequence of their decisions. Only the young prayer warriors even seemed to be awake and preparing.
- The hill—perhaps Capitol Hill—is our last barrier of defense regarding decisions that can adversely affect our future. It was and is the gate. But in the dream it seemed that very hill itself was about to be overrun by the force of coming torrents. Take the Hill, and it’s all downhill from there!
- WE MUST PRAY FOR CAPITOL HILL. This hilltop barrier must withstand the unrelenting pressure of the rising tide. Otherwise the city and even nation is at risk of being flooded.
- The timing of potential challenges seems to be hinted at by the meetings and preparations of the young prayer warriors. Without going into detail, the focus is on this fall.
- My primary job was to awaken the awakeners who could alert the city.
- Our own ministry needs to become more effective in communicating warnings. In the dream, I “saw” the warning from my car, but had to leave my vehicle for my friends to receive me and receive the warning. I then spent valuable time searching for the vehicle instead of awakening the people to what is immediately coming.
Cars often represent ministry—especially in this case, where our our ministry vehicle is a blue SUV! I feel God is warning us personally not to leave the domain of our own ministry for another, but to communicate warnings from our ministry.
- It’s time to identify the places of refuge, the strongholds given by God to protect us and preserve us. Hope they are already built… and reinforced. If not, get working!
- Friends, we must prepare now for future calamity. Press into God this summer! Keep your lamps trimmed, and your gas tanks full in the spirit and the natural. Make contingency plans now for potential emergency response. Be ready to respond quickly for your own safety.
And please keep your hearts and minds open to the true warnings from the Lord!
- Pray Psalm 91 devotionally and then governmentally as God empowers.
- Final point—Isaiah 28 speaks of a covenant with death being annulled, and waters overflowing the secret place.
Therefore, hear the word of the Lord, O scoffers, Who rule this people who are in Jerusalem (the Capitol city), Because you have said, “We have made a covenant with death, and with Sheol we have made a pact. The overwhelming scourge will not reach us when it passes by, for we have made falsehood our refuge and we have concealed ourselves with deception.”
Therefore thus says the Lord God, “Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a tested stone, a costly cornerstone for the foundation, firmly placed. He who believes in it will not be disturbed. “I will make justice the measuring line and righteousness the level; then hail will sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters will overflow the secret place.
“Your covenant with death will be canceled, and your pact with Sheol will not stand; when the overwhelming scourge passes through, then you become its trampling place. “As often as it passes through, it will seize you; For morning after morning it will pass through, anytime during the day or night, And it will be [s]sheer terror to understand [t]what it means.”
Thank you so much for your diligence in sharing what you hear. This is a confirmation to me to join in w the young prayer warriors that meet weekly in our town and have invited me (an older woman) to join. I will. May God continue to give you and Jolene divine protection, increased awareness of His presence, courage, boldness, and timing, as you wait on Him and speak what He reveals.
Carried by grace, Charlotte Manis Fort Mill, SC
As an encouragement, let me add that our orientation should be boldness and not fear or defensiveness. Jesus, wiser than Solomon, said we are a city set on a hill. There is a “wisdom” not of this world: Watchmen must have “no uncertain sound.” The judgment of enemies, such as Masonic structures, is what Ps. 92 tells us to look for. When we see Divine judgment impending, it is our call to advance, and activate Kingdom structures on the cleared land. To be frank, my spirit has been disturbed to hear many of our most intimate leaders agreeing with the enemy, conceding victory to the opposition, and speaking negative prophecy, rather than proclaiming the unshakeable Kingdom, and giving an Issachar voice on how to proceed. Perhaps we should re-read the latter of Hebrews 12, what we’ve said we are looking for. Praise Him!
Since my husband (Woody) and I live in walking distance from Capitol Hill, I am receiving a very strong intercessory burden concerning your dream, Jolene. I know the Lord placed us here at this location for His purposes. This has now become crystal clear and is not the beginning, but a continuation of how the Lord has been leading me to pray for this city’s local government in addition to our Federal Government for 20 years. However, be encouraged because the Lord has made it clear He is using everything that has been happening for His purposes. According to Proverbs 3:5-6, He has been saying – “Your understanding of Me allowing men and women to have their way will not be clarified until you see My Hand move in a way where I, and only I as I AM, will be glorified. I AM setting the stage. — I know the end from the beginning. I Will receive ALL the GLORY.”
I am grateful for this dream. Many think “no big deal” with Iran. One person told me ISIS is not capable of messing with the magnetic field. The dream depicts the danger is increasing, growing, to pay attention. The difficulty of communicating danger is not everyone wants to listen. I have learned from Holy Spirit when the word says “let him who has an ear to hear, let him hear” is because not everyone wants to hear. Only a rare few are willing to hear. Less are willing to respond. Thus I believe is why the word of God says “many are called, few are chosen.” I choose to hear, I choose to speak selectively to those who wish to listen. Let God record those who choose to speak and those to choose to warn others.
Thank you for this dream. Let those who hear, let them hear! God bless you. Judith ☺