GARY BEATON joins Wednesday night prayer call, 9PM EST. Conference call number: 805-399-1200 access code 552-690. Use *6 to mute/unmute. Invite your friends to join us!
Welcome to Turnaround Tuesday! Remember that each Tuesday for a year we are devoting focused intercession for our family and friends.
Bill and Marlene Brubaker are mom and dad to two great children in the natural, and countless sons and daughters in the Lord. We feel privileged to be counted among them. Their love, care and ceaseless intercession have absolutely paved the way for our success.
So it was only natural to ask Marlene to share a few of her secrets. This posting is a treasure, and we hope you glean from it for years to come.
Turnaround Prayer for Family and Friends! Marlene Brubaker
The year 2015 has been termed a “turnaround year” by many of the prophets speaking today. On the Hebrew calendar it is the year 5775, the year of Ayin Hei. The Hebrew letter Ayin is the picture of the eye and the letter Hei represents the sound of the wind blowing through the lattice, an open window. So it is a time to see again, and a time of roaring, encircling wind…a whirlwind.
Chuck Pierce has said, “We are beginning a process of overcoming and God is watching to see us and our families broken out of captivity. Embedded in this year is our ability to break our of any captivity in our bloodline as well as our territory.”
Note the word “watch” here. The Lord is not “watching” to see if we will pull this off on our own. The Hebrew word for “watch” is “shamar,” which means to intervene by guarding and protecting. In other words, He is watching over us and partnering with us to see our family’s freedom secured.
Your Sons and Daughters Will Return
We’re moving into a unique time. Although things are looking very dark we can take heart. God says in Isaiah 60.:1-4
“Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you. See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the Lord rises upon you and his glory appears over you. Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn. Lift up your eyes and look about you; All assemble and come to you; your sons come from afar and your daughters are carried on the arm”.
Now that is a promise to declare. This year your sons and daughters will make a turnaround. They will return!
This is a time to be encouraged because the Lion is about to roar and that means He is coming to set things right. We need to get excited because the biggest and greatest breakthroughs are coming. And I believe some of the biggest breakthroughs are coming to families. The prodigals are coming home.
Be a Watchman Over Your Family
We are called to be watchmen over our families. Lamentations 2: 19 says, “Arise, cry out in the night as the watches of the night begin; pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord. Lift up your hands to him for the lives of your children.”
As we station ourselves on the wall, our prayers for our children never cease. We are never done as parents. We have the privilege of partnering with God and praying them into their purpose and destiny. We become the prophetic voice to them. Our words must bless and not curse and we must stand before God on their behalf so they may fulfill His intentions and heart for their lives.
God is faithful and as we cry out to Him He brings us everything we need to overcome. Isaiah 41:10. says, “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand”.
God and Great Parenting
We must be serious about leading our children in a godly way. We must see ourselves as parents through the heart of God. He loves them even more than we do and He has given us everything we need to overcome.
One of the most helpful statements that I hung onto during a difficult time was written years ago by John White. He asked the question. “Was God a bad parent because Adam sinned?” We know that the enemy is out to destroy the family unit and take our children as spoil. But God will be faithful to bring help in times of trouble.
In the journey of life long prayer for our children, these important revelations have helped to turn the tide.
- Recognize bitter-root judgments in order to break powerful destructive patterns that reap bad fruit. Children judge parents for wounds suffered in the course of life together. This seed of bitter judgment operates like a curse pronounced over themselves. It is a sinful reaction to hurt. It is important to acknowledge these sinful patterns and how they affect both our lives and theirs. Acknowledging these judgments and brining them and their expectations to death on the cross in prayer will bring freedom for God to heal and change us.
- Repent for iniquity in our generations, especially idolatry and the sin of freemasonry. These prayers and acknowledgments prepare the foundation for truly freeing ourselves and our children. The more our hearts are healed the more God can do for our families.
- Write out prayers of agreement, prayers of dedication, prayers of binding and loosing, prayers of favor, all kinds of prayers. Write Scriptures on the walls and hide them not only in your heart but in every room, in lunch boxes and clothes. God’s Word will not return void no matter where you put it!
- As David did, write your Psalm to God. David poured out his heart to the Lord in his deep distress. He poured out his feelings, his hurt, his fears, yet each Psalm comes to the place where as in Psalm 6, David says, ‘The Lord has heard my cry for mercy, the Lord accepts my prayer“. This is a place of rest and trust.
- Pray and confess that the promises of God in His Word will be fulfilled in our families lives. Decrees and declarations are a powerful way to speak His goodness over us. He will perfect that which concerns us (Psalm 138:8)
- We overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the Word of our testimony. Send the Blood of Jesus to the root of your family tree to destroy all evil, to cleanse, heal and deliver. The Blood of Jesus and prevailing prayer is the key to unlocking His power and redemption.
The Mantle of Covenant Love
Yet as much as these truths will help in the turnaround, it will be the faithfulness of God to release His mantle of love over us. The mantle in the whirlwind is a mantle of Love, and love never fails. when the rubber meets the road, it is love that is defined in Corinthians 13 that will prevail.
God promises in Isaiah 59:21, “As for me, this is my covenant with them,” says the Lord. “My Spirit, who is on you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouths of your children, or from the mouths of their descendants from this time on and forever,” says the Lord.
As God prepares to send us the Prophet Elijah …”to turn the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers…” May this truly be the time the curse is lifted off our nation. May this truly be the “turn-around time!”
Father, we thank you that this is the time for open heavens over our lives —bringing release. Open the floodgates of heaven, Lord. Let your healing rain fall, and water the spiritual ground around and beneath us, that we would yield forth increase and multiplication that our lives and those of our family would produce fruit—abundant and sweet, and that Your Glory would flow uninhibited in and through us. We repent for the times we have settled for a predictable and limited lifestyle of compromise and irregularity, instead of yielding to an adventurously faith-filled, sacrificial walk with You.
Thank You for signs and wonders, miraculous power, prophecy, healing, salvation, restoration, refreshing, provision, and RELEASE! Thank You for breathing on us afresh—and renewing our hope. We thank You for Your heavenly hosts of protection flanking our path as we work in partnership with You. Tear open the heavens, Lord. INVADE OUR WORLD with Your reality and with Your Kingdom! Inflame our hearts with your desire, that Your Glory would manifest in our earthly surroundings and especially in the lives of those we love, in greater measure.
Thank You Lord, for This time and season, for the opportunities and turn arounds that are before us. We thank you for refreshing and abundance, for rest and FAVOR, that Your inspiration would flood our hearts, that Your peace and joy would work in and through us. We ask that Your anointing would FLOW through us in an even greater measure, and we would be an ensign of Your goodness and faithfulness—a sign and a wonder, ablaze for You, set apart by You, ignited by Your Spirit, breathed upon by Your Spirit. We deny the lies of the enemy. He has no foothold here. Lord we lift up our hearts to You in faith and complete surrender. We rest in in Your Presence with full confidence that the time is now for redemption and restoration.
In Jesus Name we pray. Amen