Jon here. Jolene’s prophetic warning for DC, from Jeremiah 6, has brought an unexpected awakening to many—including me. A treasured naiveté has been dislodged and replaced by a deep “knowing” I never really had before. Shakings are actually coming.
Jolene’s word from Jeremiah 6 is similar to a prophecy from Isaiah 6 which the Lord highlighted as our theme and focus for 2014. “Crown & Throne: Unveiling the Unshakeable Throne” prophetically shares both warnings of shakings and great opportunities for this season.
That said, one of the most encouraging moments of the week was a brief conversation with Terry Bennett, a noted prophet who has many times warned of shakings in DC. He mentioned to me that the shakings would be redemptive, with the Lord really standing to restore our land and government according to His original intention. I agree wholeheartedly.
As best I know, it was Terry who originally prophesied that I would be a “spiritual Paul Revere” for this hour. The word is absolutely foundational both to Lamplighter Ministries as a whole, and to this summer’s Glory Procession. Paul Revere rode at midnight to sound the awakening alarm. Most all who responded were immediately commissioned as revolutionaries— in a war for the freedom of our nation.
And that is exactly our assignment for the Glory Procession at this dark hour. As you will discover from the word below, Lord is coming in this very season! Lets rise up to meet Him…
CROWN & THRONE: UNVEILING THE UNSHAKEABLE THRONE
(Word for 2014—originally posted January 3, 2014)
CROWN & THRONE shares key revelation to help you get on God’s timetable for 2014. Order your copy today at www.lamplighterministries.net
Two years ago, Rick Ridings prophesied from Isaiah 19 that God is riding on a cloud swiftly into Washington DC. And the gods of Egypt and the thrones of Egypt will topple in our lives and world. Rick also prophesied about a movement that would be emerging where Holy Spirit would emphasize the “Crown and Throne” much has He has emphasized the “Harp and Bowl” through the past decade.
Therefore it was extraordinary to enter into 2014 by receiving communion together, and inviting the Lord to sit enthroned as Judge over the Washington DC region. I had been led unexpectedly to share on Exodus 2, where courtroom hearings before God’s Throne brought His verdict to bear upon the taskmasters of Egypt. To receive their deliverance, God mandated that each Israelite family share a meal that invoked His verdict into their spheres.
And then in a moment, God’s verdict was completely executed, and the gods and government of Egypt gave way. A chosen people advanced into freedom!
Year of Deliverance—Jesus as Judge
When we together received the Table of the Lord, I knew He was setting our course for the year. We were invoking our own deliverance by God’s sovereign hand! A pervasive, supernatural awareness of Christ’s holiness accompanied this act. And it was then that the Lord invited us to invite Him to sit as Judge over our region.
Our cry—Lord take Your seat! And with that request, a sense of completion was as immediate as our response. Words cannot fully express what I am attempting to convey. But am sure that God is now seated in a new way as Judge over the metro DC region and our nation. And a movement of deliverance by His hand will enforce His verdict. As Chuck Pierce wrote in January, 2014 will truly be a year of deliverance!
Convergence, Commissioning and Union
To strengthen us for what’s ahead, the Lord is giving His body a double portion of Vitamin C—Convergence and Collaboration. This is a year to be made strong by what every joint supplies. The recent convergence of Thanksgiving with the first day of Hanukkah conveys His work in 2014 and beyond. God is literally bearing witness to a Throne Room convergence between the covenantal legacies of America and Israel. And He wants this convergence to become a union, inseparable from this time forward in our hearts and lives.
Jolene and I were married on the first day of Hanukkah in 2003. Many of you know how we purchased a menorah for our unity ceremony. How awesome to light the unity candle together, on the first day of Hanukkah! But God showed up a little early that day. As we were worshipping Him together at the beginning of our wedding, the center candle in our menorah actually became lit… in front of everybody!
In our wedding, a convergence became a commissioning for a union. And friends, many of the convergences this year are similar to a marriage ceremony. They are actually moments of commissioning by the Lord. And they are intended to become unions.
Restoring Your Lampstands
This year, our first “convergence” must be with Him! At a recent leadership roundtable in Kansas City, I saw a brief glimpse of Jesus standing by a menorah before His Throne. He looked down at the lampstand, which was fully lit, and then looked directly at me. With his hand He signaled with for me to come forward.
I knew at that moment the Lord was answering a deep cry in my heart for a return to “first love devotion.” He was restoring my lampstand!
I cannot emphasize enough the importance of this invitation. Really, it’s what this word on “unveiling the unshakeable Throne” is all about. God wants you to intentionally pursue Him and see your “first love devotion” restored. Return to Him, spend time with Him before His Throne of glory! Personally and from region to region, let Jesus reset your lampstands and relight your flame!
Covenant Establishes a Throne
In a romance, your adoration alone does not establish a marriage. Your legal covenant does. In in Christ, your worship does not establish a throne for the Lord—your covenant does. God sits enthroned on the praises of His people (Ps 22), but your covenant establishes the throne that He rests on.
Your covenant not only establishes a throne, but it also establishes protection at the gates of your life. Over Passover, the Israelites were commanded to apply the blood of the covenant—the blood of the lamb—over the gateways of their homes. Because of the blood, the death angel had to pass over them.
We are in an age where the gateways of many lives remain open and unprotected, both spiritually and naturally. Again, your protection is sealed by God’s covenant. For those who have aligned covenantally with the Lord, watch for His glory to come through your gates this year. You have established a throne for Him, and He is bringing a divine convergence!
Crown & Throne: Unveiling the Unshakeable Throne
Isaiah 6 conveys how heaven and earth are converging this year as His “Crown & Throne movement” begins. The government of man is shaking. But an open heaven is unveiling an unshakeable Throne!
“In the year King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting on a Throne, high and lofty, with the train of His robe filling the temple…” (Isaiah 6:1).
Isaiah the prophet was forever changed as this Throne room convergence became a commissioning unto union. It’s so important to note that he was seeking God in the Temple when this experience began. He was waiting on the Lord. Friends, 2014 is a time to wait upon the Lord again with extended times of prayer and fasting.
In the previous few years, we have enjoyed instant access to God’s counsel, with Holy Spirit emphasizing our unbroken union at every moment of our lives. This will continue. But through 2014, the watch of the Lord is converging with our communion with Holy Spirit. Just as the Lord sanctified times and seasons in His feasts, He is sanctifying specific times of watching and praying.
Suddenly the Lord broke in on Isaiah’s watch—just like He will do on yours this year. Keep faithful to your times of watching and seeking before God’s Throne! May our testimony be like Daniel. “I kept watching until the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of Days took His seat…” (Daniel 7:9).
Note that Isaiah’s encounter occurred “in the year King Uzziah died.” In other words, in the year of a government shutdown. Holy Spirit quickened to me that as it was in Isaiah’s day, so it is in ours. Directly after the Feast of Tabernacles in 2013, America’s government shut down. I believe now through the Feast of Tabernacles 2014, many will experience a “Throne room convergence” similar to Isaiah. Heaven will open, and you will receive a vision of God’s unshakeable Throne!
This convergence is not meant to be a one-time event. Instead, just like the prophet Isaiah, it is meant to be a commissioning that demarcates union with Christ. With continual access to His unshakeable Throne.
Judgment for Violating Boundaries
It’s important to note that King Uzziah and Prophet Isaiah both saw the Lord in the same year. Uzziah saw him by judgment as his reign was cut short. Isaiah saw Him by glory. How we align covenantally determines how we experience His visitation.
Remember that thrones are established by covenant. Uzziah was disciplined for violating the covenantal boundaries the Lord set in place between the office of the king and the priestly ministry. From II Chronicles: “When he became strong, his heart was so proud that he acted corruptly, and he was unfaithful to the Lord his God, for he entered the temple of the Lord to burn incense on the altar of incense” (II Chron. 26: 15-16).
From the beginning, the Lord demanded what we call “checks and balances” in national governance. Israel was founded with three branches of governmental leadership, demarcated by the prophet, the priest and the king. These offices are roughly equated with our branches of government today, founded by a covenant known as the Constitution, with the judicial, legislative and executive branches. “For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king” (Isaiah 33:22).
- The prophetic office is similar to the judicial branch—keeping in mind that many Israelite prophets also served as judges.
- The priestly office is similar to the legislative branch—keeping in mind that the priests not only ministered to the Lord, but represented the people of Israel before the Lord.
- The kingly office is similar to the executive branch—with the president serving the “kingly” duties of governance.
By burning incense in the Temple, Uzziah sought to literally usurp and bypass the priestly office—the legislative office of his day. Friends, as it was in Uzziah’s day so it is in ours. Both pride and insecurity can blind us to the consequences of these violations. Because we are powerful, we assume we can bypass our foundational covenants to get what we desire, or achieve what we want. The ends justify the means.
But from the bedroom to the boardroom to Capitol Hill, God is presiding over the foundations of life and governance dedicated by covenant to Him. And His justice will neither be deterred nor evaded. Friends, this should all bring us to humility and repentance before the highest court in the land… the Throne of God.
Fourteen Prophetic Expressions for 2014
Here are 14 governmental expressions to pray into for 2014:
1. Crown & Throne Praise. Watch for a shift into Throne Room praise and declaration, patterned after Isaiah 6. This will unlock a greater expression of God’s governance in the earth, as well as usher many Isaiahs into encounters with God and His Throne. Songs of deliverance and regime change!
2. Year of the Roundtable. As this “Crown and Throne movement” matures, God’s elders come into view. The Lord will be seen as our Lawgiver, King and Judge. We will gain further revelation and instruction regarding His Ekklesia, or governing legislature. Watch also for an increased emphasis on Congress and state legislatures in this hour. God is arising to protect and renew the offices of this branch of government.
3. Court of Heaven, Courts of Earth. The Supreme Court will be faced with decisions of extraordinary consequence in days ahead. Don’t assume you know what this is—instead, simply pray for courage. Pray for an open heaven and a holy convergence, with the Lord rendering His verdicts with and through the Supremes.
4. The UNveiling. The UN will grow in prominence. And for a season, the UN will yield a fresh, positive influence in global affairs that will literally give hope to many Christians for global governance under Jesus Christ. This is in direct response to the prayers of the saints, especially from South Korea and Asia.
5. Burning Lamps Shine. God’s lampstands will continue to burn—and His light will continue to expose. “I will search Jerusalem (the capital) with lamps, and I will punish the men who are stagnant in spirit, who say in their hearts, ‘the Lord will not do good or evil!’ (Zephaniah 1:12). Watch for God’s lampstands to shine with holy illumination in capital cities across the world.
6. Elijah Thrones Emerging. In regions, nations, and spheres of the seven mountains, Elijah thrones are being set in place by the Lord of hosts. These thrones will counter Jezebel thrones and restrain their influence. Watch for fire to fall in ’14!
7. The Circle Maker. I see a red circle drawn around North and South Carolina. Red represents both urgency and Christ’s blood covenant. God is highlighting these states for prayer, protection and revival.
8. Mahanaim… Convergence! Mahanaim means “the dance of the two camps.” Watch for a convergence of heaven and earth this year. Angelic interaction and intervention will increase. This is the year where God’s angelic army must converge with His earthly army. Be in step! SHOUT MAHANAIM!
9. Lord of Hosts Revealed. Remember Isaiah saw “the Lord of hosts” upon the Throne—in other words, the Captain of the armies. This year the King’s Armies will enforce His verdicts and protect His people. We have entered into a season of victory. Watch for His resurrected army to gain much ground in this revolutionary season!
10. Burning Coals and Burning Scrolls. The hearts and mouths of God’s orphaned prophets will be purified by Heaven and sealed with fresh love. We all should seek God now for this sanctification!
11. Texas Shine. Illicit substances are being secretly developed in Texas just like moonshine during the days of Prohibition. Pray to check and expose the enemy root that could bring unholy addictions from Texas to the nation.
12. Texas, Shine. On a positive note, God is declaring “Texas, Shine!” Time for Texas to awaken the dawn of a new day for America, rooted in a new identity apart from idolatry. Watch for a catchphrase from Texas to sweep the nation.
13. Thirteen Colonies Awakening. Propetically, the thirteen colonies became a major emphasis of our recent Revolution 2013. These colonies represent both the original roots of our nation and the geographic east gate of our nation. And…
14. Glory is Coming Through the Gates! God is bringing His glory through the gates—of our personal lives, our families, and our nation beginning this year! Watch for the heavens to open in the temple, and God’s unshakeable Throne to be revealed. Watch for the very atmosphere of glory to break through the gates of resistance and fill His people again. And this people and nation will declare again, “Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.” AMEN!