WEDNESDAY PRAYER CALL! 9-10 pm EST. Conference call number: 805-399-1200 access code 552-690. Use *6 to mute/unmute. Invite your friends to join us!
A few years ago, I was in one of those wild prophets meetings where a friend was releasing people to have prophetic experiences where they see visions of heaven.
I liked the meeting. A bit out there, but definitely “legit.” Friends were having visions of Jesus’ throne by the sea of glass. Some described seeing the seraphim before the Throne, and hearing multidimensional orchestrations of music they had never heard before. Most of the room were literally having visionary experiences of heaven!
Personal Commission–Shut the Gate of Sabotage
I was so excited to experience this myself. Yet somehow, while all my friends went to heaven, I went to Washington State. Still wondering how this happened!
Anyway, in this vision I was hovering over a portion of this beautiful, vast western coastline. I’m used to the still, small voice of God. But in this encounter, Holy Spirit thundered to me, “Shut the gate of sabotage over Washington State!”
We’ve all been on a learning curve about the spiritual significance of gates and doors. East gate, north gate, eye gate, mouth gate… But that was the first time I ever heard the term “gate of sabotage.” And it shook me.
WA First State to Legalize Abortion
So I called my friend Jason Hubbard, director of the Light of the World Prayer Center in Bellingham WA, to share the encounter. Any idea what this phrase meant?Holding back tears, Jason told me how the voters of Washington State were the first in the nation to vote for the legalization of abortion–2 years before Roe v Wade. The ultimate “gate of sabotage.”
God wants a “New Birth of Freedom” for our land. And He wants to shut the gates of sabotage that would abort His covenant purposes from coming forth. Friends, it’s time to shut the gates of sabotage!
And that’s a lot of what these 21 days are about. We’re not sure what this looks like, but many prophets are now sharing their sense that the Lord is going to give a breakthrough this year into a culture of life. As we pass through the 40th anniversary of Roe v Wade, God is going to render His judgment regarding abortion in the land. Lord, shut the gates of sabotage!
Shutting the Gates of Sabotage–Personal Focus
Jolene and I were privileged to minister this morning at Heart2Heart Ministries in Morgantown WV, pastored by our friend Karen Austin. We shared on shutting the gates of sabotage in our own lives so that God’s “new birth of freedom” can be fully released. I’d like to share with you the seven points for your contemplation and prayer.
“Shall I bring to the point of birth, and not bring delivery?” Says the Lord. “Or shall I who gives delivery shut up the womb?” Says your God (Isaiah 66:8-9).
God has seeded into your heart a sacred dream. That’s your destiny! And He wants you to experience the birthing of this dream while protecting you from the enemy who wants to abort your covenant purpose. God wants to shut the gates of sabotage in your life. Here are seven brief points to help you in this process.
1. Choose life! Gates of sabotage are many times choices we are tempted to make that look good, but are actually meant by the enemy to abort the destiny God has intended for you. Choose life that you and your offspring may live!
2. Settle your identity–take responsibility for your calling. David set his course in life early as a youth. Psalm 132 shares his commitment that directed his life. I am a lover of God, and want to see His dwelling place in the Capitol city, bringing God’s covenant to government! That was David’s dream. What is yours? How are you coming into covenant with the Lord now to set the course for your future?
3. Gain healing from generational sin. Generational iniquity is a huge gate of sabotage that, left undealt, will affect our lives. It twists our understanding of good and evil, right and wrong. And it deeply affects our understanding of God. Jesus died to set you free from both sins and iniquities. Watch out for familiarity. Allow the Bible to be your plumb line, not your family environment–what was or was not permissible.
4. Overcome cycles of abuse. It has been said that abused people abuse people. Deep healing, often involving a competent team of healers, is often needed to break a cycle of abuse. Bt the healing process doesn’t begin there. Instead it begins with your own resolution to take long term responsibility for your healing.
5. Do not give way to presumption. Presumption is the fruit of pride. I know better because…. Pride comes before a fall, but humility precedes honor. Mary & Joseph could have presumed to know better than God when He told them to go to Egypt. Their decision to obey preserved the life of Jesus! There is safety in a multitude of counsel. Here’s a good adage–if you don’t know, take it slow.
6. Finish your work! Quitting before seeing God’s intended result is the most common way Christians abort their destinies or prophetic directives. You must do your part! II Timothy 4 records how the apostle Paul finished his race, and received a crown of righteousness. Crowns represent earned authority.
7. Keep your joy! The joy of The Lord is your strength. Endure hardens as a good soldier of the cross. For the joy set before Him, Jesus endured the cross, despising its shame. We are the joy that kept him motivated to redeem us! Be like David facing difficulty, and encourage yourself in The Lord.
Father God, we ask that you shut the gates of sabotage in our lives, in our family, in our workplace. Deliver us from cycles of sin and abuse that circumvent our prosperity, relational wholeness, and positive influence in our world. Set a new course for our lives. Set a new course for our nation! In Jesus’ Name, we declare this. Amen!