“It’s as though many structures can no longer hold captive the private, internal storms within their own walls”—from today’s posting.
CALL TONIGHT! 9pm EST. Conference call number: 641-715-3605 access code 552-690. Use *6 to mute/unmute. Invite your friends to join us.
DEAR STORM RIDERS…
This Friday we begin the journey again—advancing towards Pentecost! It was prophesied that the Glory Train would pick up momentum as we move forward, and the word has certainly proven true. What an amazing schedule. All that said, we really covet your prayers.
As we move towards Pentecost we are contending together for the storm of God’s power to be released! A mighty, rushing wind, the restoration of God’s glory in the land. However as the news is conveying, not all storms are glorious. Severe flooding has pummeled south Texas recently, with more apparently on the way. Lets continue to pray for our friends.
Storm Warning for DC
As I scan the horizon of Washington DC, reading the barometric pressure in the spirit realm, I feel the Lord is also conveying a “storm warning” here. My heart yearns to feel the delight of God over our nation’s Capitol. But “storm warning” is what’s once again resonating in my spirit for this city.
Last summer the Lord gave me a dramatic vision. I saw a gigantic wave crashing in upon Washington DC at night. We have been praying ever since for the wave to be abated. But today I sense a warning about storms not only from the outside, but from within.
It’s as though many structures can no longer hold captive the private, internal storms within their own walls. Damage control has failed. Spin is taking on a whole new meaning as many are now trapped by the deceptive web they have conceived. It will bring no shelter from the storm.
Isaiah accurately prophesied of many in this hour, “Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness!” (Isaiah 5:20).
This very reality is perhaps the greatest travesty coming from Washington DC right now. To the spin doctors: I don’t know what the Hebrew word for “woe” is, but my guess is that it genuinely means woe. And it is promised to those who distort truth and reality for their protection and promotion. You might believe the ends justify the means. The clear implication behind your belief is that the people you have deceived and abused and the lives you have risked are expendable, correct? Not as important as you?
This may be true in your ledger, but not God’s. He defends them. He actually died for them. Hence the “woe.”
Storm Riders—Four Keys
Are you facing a storm? Don’t try to spin your way out of it. Only authenticity, Christ-centered honesty and genuine repentance will bring you through. Here are a few keys that may help you ride the storm.
- BE HONEST NOT DECEPTIVE. God wants you to face challenges with honesty so that you can overcome them. Freedom begins with embracing truth over deception …And you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free (John 8:32).
- JUDGE NOT LEST YOU… The internal storm of your own judgement against others will inevitably draw judgement back upon you. You can disempower judgement against you by cleansing your heart of the judgements you have made! And remember that there’s a difference between judgement and discernment. Redemptive discernment always has Christ’s discretion at the core, as well as His grace. Judge not lest you be judged. For in the same way you judge, you will be judged (Matthew 7:1).
- FORSAKE ANGER. Please receive a clear warning about anger and judgement in this hour. They simply do not belong in the hearts of believers. Remember that roots of bitterness will not only defile you, but others as well (Hebrews 12:20). Take time before the Throne to forgive those who have offended you. Make sure your heart is authentically clean! The wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God (James 1:20).
- CHOOSE YOUR SHELTER. You hide them in the secret place of Your presence from the conspiracies of man; You keep them secretly in a shelter from the strife of tongues (Psalm 31:20). There is truly a shelter from the storm swirling around you—and it’s not the spinning of another web. It’s the secret place of Christ’s presence! He is tangible, wonderful, empowering, protective. Let God shelter you from the storm.
- THE TRUE CORNERSTONE. Build your house. Establish your sphere. Make every effort to lay the tracks for your future! But do so based on God’s heart and word. It all begins with laying the cornerstone of covenant with Jesus Christ as the foundation for your life and future. As the old song goes, all other ground is sinking sand. Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall (Matthew 7:24-7).