Crown & Throne: Unveiling the Unshakeable Throne
To order a copy of Crown & Throne see http://lamplighterministries.net
“There’s something bigger going on! There’s something bigger than me… He is holy!” This prophetic song by Misty Edwards, playing as I write, resounds Heaven’s heart and work even today.
“Take me up in the Spirit! And fill me with the knowledge of God, with the knowledge of You, with the knowledge of the Holy, Holy…”
Today we watch with awe God’s orchestrations in the heavens and on earth. The comet I,SON makes its fiery orbit that actually penetrates the diameter of the sun. This convergence in the heavens somehow seems to bear witness to a convergence on earth. Two covenantal legacies come together as Thanksgiving is celebrated on the first day of Hanukkah, the Feast of Dedication.
In time and space, this convergence won’t happen again for another 77,000 years. What a great day to celebrate God’s goodness to us, forever sealed by His covenant through Jesus. And what a great day to dedicate our temples to the Lord, receiving deliverance from idolatry, pride and sin so our lives can blaze with His holy fire.
Convergence and Union
Thanksgiving and Hanukkah simply belong together. In time and space, this convergence won’t happen again for another 77,000 years. The point is not that these legacies should converge and separate for thousands of years. Actually, God has exactly the opposite in His heart.
Because I cherish both feasts, this Pilgrim descendant is personally determined that today’s convergence become a union, inseparable from this day forward in our hearts and lives. And friends, many of the convergences this year are moments of commissioning, similar to a marriage ceremony. These convergences are intended by God to become union.
Jolene and I were married on the first day of Hanukkah in 2003. Many of you know how we purchased a menorah for our unity ceremony. How awesome to light the candle together, on the first day of Hanukkah!
But God showed up a little early that day. As we were worshipping Him together at the beginning of our wedding, the center candle in our menorah actually became lit… in front of everybody! As we were singing “glory, glory send your glory!”
Can’t make that up.
Let me share a word to many whose lives have converged romantically. A year of favor is being extended for you to receive a public commissioning, and a holy union under God. Pray until you receive God’s direction, and make sure you are converging with the spouse God has for you. If not, leave! If so, perhaps it is time to unite.
Covenant Establishes a Throne
In a romance, your adoration does not establish a marriage. Your legal covenant does. In in Christ, your worship does not establish a throne for the Lord—your covenant does. God sits enthroned on the praises of His people (Ps 22), but your covenant establishes the throne that He rests on.
Your covenant not only establishes a throne, but it also establishes protection at the gates of your life. Over Passover, the Israelites were commanded to apply the blood of the covenant—the blood of the lamb—over the gateways of their homes. Because of the blood, the death angel had to pass over them.
We are in an age where the gateways of many lives remain open and unprotected, both spiritually and naturally. Again, your protection is sealed by God’s covenant. For those who have aligned covenantally with the Lord, watch for His glory to come through your gates this year. You have established a throne for Him, and He is bringing a convergence!
Crown & Throne: Unveiling the Unshakeable Throne
Isaiah 6 conveys how heaven and earth are converging this year as His “Crown & Throne movement” begins. The government of man is shaking. But an open heaven is unveiling an unshakeable Throne!
Isaiah the prophet was in the earthly temple when this convergence began. He was waiting on the Lord. Friends, 2014 is a time to wait upon the Lord again with extended times of prayer and fasting.
In the previous few years, we have enjoyed instant access to God’s counsel, with Holy Spirit emphasizing our unbroken union at every moment of our lives. This will continue. But now through 2014, the watch of the Lord is converging with our communion with Holy Spirit. Just as the Lord sanctified times and seasons in His feasts, He is sanctifying times of watching and praying as we wait upon Him. May our testimony be like Daniel. “I kept watching until the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of Days took His seat…” (Daniel 7).
“In the year King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted…” (Isaiah 6:1). Suddenly the Lord broke in on Isaiah’s watch—just like He will do on yours this year. Note that this was “in the year King Uzziah died.” In other words, within the year of the government shutdown. I prophesy in Jesus’ Name that many of you will receive this unveiling of His Throne within the year of our nation’s government shutdown! Remember how America’s shutdown began October 1, right after the Feast of Tabernacles. I believe now through the Feast of Tabernacles 2014, many will receive a unique convergence with God’s Throne during their watch.
This convergence is not meant to be a one-time event, but a commissioning that demarcates union with Christ. With continual access to His unshakeable Throne.
Judgment for Violating Boundaries
It’s important to note that King Uzziah and Prophet Isaiah both saw the Lord in the same year. Uzziah saw him by judgment as his reign was cut short. Isaiah saw Him by glory. How we align covenantally determines how we experience His visitation.
Remember that thrones are established by covenant. Uzziah was disciplined for violating the covenantal boundaries the Lord set in place between the office of the king and the priestly ministry. From II Chronicles: “When he became strong, his heart was so proud that he acted corruptly, and he was unfaithful to the Lord his God, for he entered the temple of the Lord to burn incense on the altar of incense” (II Chron. 26: 15-16).
From the beginning, the Lord demanded what we call “checks and balances” in national governance. Israel was founded with three branches of governmental leadership, demarcated by the prophet, the priest and the king. These offices are roughly equated with our branches of government today, founded by a covenant known as the Constitution, with the judicial, legislative and executive branches. “For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king” (Isaiah 33:22).
The prophetic office is similar to the judicial branch—keeping in mind that many Israelite prophets also served as judges.
The priestly office is similar to the legislative branch—keeping in mind that the priests not only ministered to the Lord, but represented the people of Israel before the Lord.
The kingly office is similar to the executive branch—with the president serving the “kingly” duties of governance.
By burning incense in the Temple, Uzziah sought to literally usurp and bypass the priestly office—the legislative office of his day. Friends, as it was in Uzziah’s day so it is in ours. Both pride and insecurity can blind us to the consequences of these violations. Because we are powerful, we assume we can bypass covenant to get what we desire, or achieve what we want. The ends justify the means.
But from the bedroom to the boardroom to the Capitol, God is presiding over the foundations of life and governance dedicated by covenant to Him. And His justice will neither be deterred nor evaded. Friends, this should all bring us to humility and repentance before the highest court in the land… the Throne of God.
Fourteen Prophetic Expressions for 2014
Here are 14 governmental expressions to pray into for 2014:
1. Crown & Throne Praise. Watch for a shift into Throne Room praise and declaration, patterned after Isaiah 6. This will unlock a greater expression of God’s governance in the earth, as well as usher many Isaiahs into encounters with God and His Throne. Songs of deliverance and regime change!
2. Year of the Roundtable. As this “Crown and Throne movement” matures, God’s elders come into view. The Lord will be seen as Lawgiver as well as King and Judge. We will gain further revelation and instruction regarding His Ekklesia, or governing legislature. Watch also for an increased emphasis on Congress and state legislatures in this hour. God is arising to protect and renew the offices of this branch of government.
3. Court of Heaven, Courts of Earth. The Supreme Court will be faced with decisions of extraordinary consequence in days ahead. Don’t assume you know what this is—instead, simply pray for courage. Pray for an open heaven and a holy convergence, with the Lord rendering His verdicts with and through the Supremes.
4. The UNveiling. The UN will grow in prominence. And for a season, the UN will yield a fresh, positive influence in global affairs that will literally give hope for global governance under Jesus Christ. This is in direct response to the prayers of the saints, especially from South Korea and Asia.
5. Burning Lamps Shine. God’s lampstands will continue to burn—and His light will continue to expose. “I will search Jerusalem (the capital) with lamps, and I will punish the men who are stagnant in spirit, who say in their hearts, ‘the Lord will not do good or evil!’ (Zephaniah 1:12). Watch for God’s lampstands to shine with holy illumination in capital cities across the world.
6. Elijah Thrones Emerging. In regions, nations, and spheres of the seven mountains, Elijah thrones are being set in place by the Lord of hosts. These thrones will counter Jezebel thrones and restrain their influence. Watch for fire to fall in ’14!
7. The Circle Maker. I see a red circle drawn around North and South Carolina. Red represents both urgency and Christ’s blood covenant. God is highlighting these states for prayer, protection and revival.
8. Mahanaim… Convergence! Mahanaim means “the dance of the two camps.” Watch for a convergence of heaven and earth this year. Angelic interaction and intervention will increase. This is the year where God’s angelic army must converge with His earthly army. Be in step! SHOUT MAHANAIM!
9. Lord of Hosts Revealed. Remember Isaiah saw “the Lord of hosts” upon the Throne—in other words, the Captain of the armies. This year the King’s Armies will enforce His verdicts and protect His people. We have entered into a season of victory. Watch for His resurrected army to gain much ground in this revolutionary season!
10. Burning Coals and Burning Scrolls. The hearts and mouths of God’s orphaned prophets will be purified by Heaven and sealed with fresh love. We all should seek God now for this sanctification!
11. Texas Shine. Illicit substances are being secretly developed in Texas just like moonshine during the days of Prohibition. Pray to check and expose the enemy root that could bring unholy addictions from Texas to the nation.
12. Texas, Shine. On a positive note, God is declaring “Texas, Shine!” Time for Texas to awaken the dawn of a new day for America, rooted in a new identity apart from idolatry. Watch for a catchphrase from Texas to sweep the nation.
13. Thirteen Colonies Awakening. Propetically, the thirteen colonies became a major emphasis of our recent Revolution 2013. These colonies represent both the original roots of our nation and the geographic east gate of our nation. And…
14. Glory is Coming Through the Gates! God is bringing His glory through the gates—of our personal lives, our families, and our nation beginning this year! Watch for the heavens to open in the temple, and God’s unshakeable Throne to be revealed. Watch for the very atmosphere of glory to break through the gates of resistance and fill His people again. And this people and nation will declare again, “Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord!”
See, we began with a song that conveys our heartcry… and now we culminate with a song that conveys the experience of His response… and that’s just how this year will be. AMEN!